Idea to try out - Mini Collages

Hi!

Leo here again with an idea for you to try out with your new Quirky Kit 'Hazelnut Coffee'.
I couldn't wait to dive into this kit and start creating. I just love all these yummy earthy colours and the chunky textures of the trims. The trims are great for adding a little texture to your layouts. On this one rather than having embellishments all around the page I've concentrated them down and made mini collages using a collection of different bits and pieces. These are really fun to make just cutting up small bits of the trims and the papers and layering them all up until you're happy.


I started with layering some inks spraying them on using a mini mister. I used the strip of paper next then added a piece of jute then another piece of the Amy Tangerine paper, (same paper I've used both sides of it). I cut the crochet trim in half and used half on the bottom mini collage then used the other half on the mini collage at the top of the page to keep them both related. The circle embellishment was made by cutting out one of the doily images on the turquoise Lily Bee paper then gluing it to the back of the paper and cutting it out, I made two layers of paper then distressed the edges. As a last touch I added some of the butterfly rub ons that have been applied to the yellow Lily Bee paper then cut out.


Why not have a go at mini collages. on your next layout? Have fun! xx Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment