Observations First Layout

Hi!

Leo here with the first layout made with the current kit 'Observations'. We have a brand new guest designer for you for June so big welcome to Lythan who will be sharing ideas with you over the coming weeks :)

When I originally was putting this kit together my main focus was to put something together that had a 'vintage' botanical feel but without being overly floral or overly vintage or that kind of Victorian/Antique looking botanical feel. I wanted it to have more of a contemporary, more 'modern' feel. That being said as I sat down for the first time to use this kit my overwhelming feeling was that this would work perfectly with some of the heritage photos I've got to scrapbook. So that's where I ended up starting with a bunch of vintage photos :). This is the first layout I put together and it came together really quickly.


I took a few photos as I was putting the layout together to give you a few different ideas you could put together on a different project.

  1. I began by using the Lily Bee 'Flower Pot' paper and cutting out a square from the middle of the sheet. Then I cut one of the sheets of white card to 10.5 inches square, rounded the corners and then inked around the edges painting it on from a bottle of grey mist.
  2. The card I glued down to the center of the patterned paper then I cut out some strip of paper and ribbon to position across the bottom along with some of the Elle's Studio cut outs. Next I cut out a circle of patterned paper from the Crate Paper sheet and stitched it down on the left side of the layout.
  3. I wanted to use an envelope on the page but also wanted to have more colour against the white background so I took apart the white envelope I had and used it as a template cutting the shape from the yellow Kesi'Art paper and fixing it together into an envelope which was decorated with one of the buttons on the flap and glued down alongside the circle of paper on the layout.
  4. I used the piece of Lily Bee paper I cut out earlier using with the pattern on the other side and using foam pads on one side to make up for the bulk of the envelope on the other side, (keeping it straight) then glued it to the layout layered over the circle and envelope.
  5. I used one of the glassine envelopes and a small square of the Studio Calico paper layered over the top of the Lily Bee paper and used a doily to echo the circle of paper. The photo was added on top. The Woodware doilies in the kit are acid free ones so they're safe to use next to your photos. I added the title with the Thickers and some handwritten journalling underneath. As a final touch I used some of the star sequins around the showing edge of the circle fixing them in place with dots of glossy accents.
Hope you can get some ideas of places to start with this kit from the layout. I'll be back with some more ideas once I get another chance to play, still got plenty of lovely vintage photos to calling! What's your favourite part of either of the new kits?
x Leo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leo, love the layout - I'm off to have a have a go with my kit now, there's SO much to play with! Thanks for the inspiration. Annie x

    ReplyDelete