It's toofer day

Two (layouts) for you to see that is!
We are almost half way through June and I have still got a lot to reveal so I thought I would share with you a simple and a more complex layout today.

I have to say the simple layout is one of my favourites
 I really like the photo that I took of the windmill and didn't want to clutter up the layout too much. Because of the Jubilee the mill was decorated which added a splash of colour which I wanted to echo in the layout. Thankfully there were papers in red, white and blue to use!
I was wondering what to do with the tulle and had accidentally lain it down on the cardstock and placed the photo on top. I was immediately struck by the way it matched the slightly off white colour of the windmill and decided to use a large portion of it as a photo mat.
Before adhering it down, I sprinkled drops of blue and red glimmer mist on the layout and allowed them to dry.
I cut the triangles using the banner set of nestabilities but could have hand cut them really! I outlined everything with a black Sharpie pen and went round the edge of the layout with a fine liner.  I layered up some of the splendid union jack ribbon underneath where the photo mat would go. I stuck the photo onto the tulle which gave me an idea of where I could plaster the adhesive underneath. To keep the tulle from flapping I also added staples with my tiny attacher.

The triangles of paper were added at the top of the layout, but I didn't stick them right down to allow the pennants to look as though they were flickering in the breeze. In between the banner segments I added little bows made from more of the tulle and red thread.
A quick bit of journalling on one of the Elld's Studio tags and that is that
Disclaimer: my husband says that it is not strictly true that you can see the windmill everywhere. I did put almost though!

This layout contains a story that really needed telling of what creatures of habit we are. How great is this kit in that I used the same range of papers but it looks totally different
The kraft cardstock and the white above are from my stash, along with a little bit of white card on this layout. Apart from that I am still only using the kit so far.

The starting points for this layout were the orangy/red and yellow in the picture and also the way in which the pattern on the green paper reminded me of a placemat.
I picked out some papers, grabbed some punches and began to layer up around the photo.
I used a doily die to cut the green paper with the circle as near as I could make it to the middle, outlined the edge with a black Sharpie and adhered that to one of the doilies from the kit.
The one button I had left in the kit served as a plate with a Quickutz spoon and fork to finish off the place setting.

I spent ages pushing all the various bits of paper around the layout until I was happy with them, then stuck them down quickly whilst I could remember where I wanted them to go. I echoed the shapes and colours in clusters at the top left and bottom right of the layout.

When everything was stuck down I went around the papers with a fine liner pen. I had outlined the doily paper shape so that I did not risk pen ink going on to the real doily as that paper is very porous.
A little journalling later and another job done!


  1. Fab layouts - I particularly like the red,white and blue one

  2. Love these pages and it's lovely to have all the details about how you put them together - thank you!

  3. Fabulous layouts!! I just love the one of the windmill...simple, clean and kind of style :0)
    p.s. your hand writing is amazing!!!