Loads of layers

There are loads of layers on this next layout. I do love to get out the punches and go mad and then see what I can do with all the strips. I decided on quite a tight look for this one and the Quirky Kit means you don't have to try too hard in order to get a funky feel to the page!
I used papers from both the kits on this one, but predominantly the "Get into the grunge" Lite Kit, which included the fantastic background paper

Then it was a case of inking everything with Pumice Stone Distress ink and playing about with all the layers until I was happy with the result. The papers in both kits have fantastic um, bits-at-the-bottom-with-the-design-company-name-on (I think that it the technical term!) and I have managed to use almost all of them in my layouts. The EK success large scallop punch does not always line up well (OK I don't always line it up well) and so I punched a few small circles to cover the mistakes. That led to punching out a few more circles to dot around the layout.

And isn't it lovely when the colours of the papers in a kit echo the colours of some of the clothes in a picture (seeing as we didn't ask everyone to be matching!). Oh yes it is.
Here's a close up of those layers...
And just for the record - I was not drunk!

1 comment:

  1. what a brilliant idea to layer the strips like that - definitely pincing that idea! :o)

    ReplyDelete