Messages!

Hello
Two cards from me today - birdies flying by with a little "hello" message, and then some pencils  - always handy for writing messages - ok, its a (very) tenuous link, but thats as good as it gets today!

This card uses the lovely "Tweet, tweet, tweet" template
To make it I've cut out 3 of the smallest of the birdy shapes - they are sooooo cute!
The papers, ribbon and the "Hello" tag all came from my fab Quirky Kit and the Baker's Twine was from my stash

"Pencils Textbook Doodle" Template

This was my first choice to use from the latest Crafty Templates set.  When my DT copy arrives I always scroll down through them all to see which grabs my attention first and start the old creative cogs turning.
This one was fun to use and I knew there'd be the perfect quotation out there somewhere!
 I printed the quotation directly onto my card base

I cut the pencils several times to get all the layers I needed
1. plain white for the base then I inked the pencil points with different colours
2. "wood" coloured card with the very point cut off to show the "lead" colour
3. a top layer of different papers

Next I added thin scraps of faux chipboard to the backs of the pencils and decided on an arrangement on the card before  adhering them in place.
I like the way the bright colours work on the plain white smooth cardstock.
All the papers came in the Quirky Kit, I just added some scraps of card from my stash

That's all for now
Click HERE to find out all you need to know about The fabulous Crafty Templates Sets and the Quirky Kits stuffed with fun stash!

Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment