Tracing paper: two more uses

That tracing paper in the kit has kept challenging me. Here are my last two experiments with it. I've got hardly any left but will have to find some more I think!
When a kit arrives I print up a variety of photos and then see what goes with what papers. When I saw this photo and the yellow spot paper I sighed with pleasure as I thought they were a perfect match. My initial idea was to use the yellow paper as a full background but then decided I wanted it for other projects as well and so chopped it a little but saved the lion's share for this
I knew that I wanted to add something in between the yellow and the photo and first had the idea of simply using gesso. Then I decided to add some of the Crate Paper (which is a bit like woodgrain) and also use gesso combined with a stencil on the tracing paper.
Me likey
It adds a subtle something extra I think.
I then decided to add gesso and then some yellow paint to the rest of the tracing paper and then see what to do with it. The answer was to turn it into a faux ribbon ruffle that is mutch easier to adhere than real ribbon!
The yellow circle in the top left hand corner of the layout is punched from the tracing paper too.
I used the same Crafters Workshop stencil with a soft grey distress ink; some yellow ink and a woodgrain stamp (not in the kit) as well as some stickers and papers from the kit.

And that is just about my Quirky Kit and Lite kit used up. I've made 9 full layouts and know that I can make some cards with the leftovers. I do hope you have found some inspiration from my crafting

2 comments:

  1. Fab ideas with the tracing paper - I haven't used mine yet, but gonna have to try the gesso :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Lythan, amazing LO, love it!

    ReplyDelete