Altered project, quirky Style

Hi There!

I promised you cards didn't I? Well I'm afraid those will have to wait as I was casting my eyes over my craftroom and they alighted upon a UFO (that is, an unfinished object) that had been unloved and unfinished for quite some time. It was something I picked up from a cheapie homeware shop with the intention of prettying it up and using to store my scraps. I had started it's makeover but had got stuck for inspiration once I'd completed the main background so I was happy to startover with some lovely Quirky PPs!
It was very easy to pull apart this item, cover it with pretty papers and put it back together, I made sure I filed the edges of the PP covering the hearts, pegs and background for a more professional finish. I made the straws by rolling scraps of PP round a piece of dowling, using a strong glue (like glossy accents) to secure, leaving it on the dowling and holding the join together with more pegs along the length of the straw until it dried. I made my own embellishments out of more scraps but everything you see, apart from the letter stickers are from the current kits.

I'm so looking forward to using this now I have finally finished it. I can use the pegs to hold paper scraps, the hooks to hang ribbon or embellishment packs from so all I have to do now is see if I'm allowed to bang a nail in the wall to hang it up! ;)

Oh, and if you have any ideas on what to call this quirky item, please let me know, I'm stumped! Here's another look, to help you decide...

See you soon!

Nikki x


No comments:

Post a Comment