Hints of gold and silver

Hi! Leo here.

All the kit boxes went out to subscribers last weeks so this week they should be arriving, or you should already have it with you from over the weekend.

With the November/December kits I wanted to do a couple of things. I sat out to as always reflect current trends as well as bring you up to the minute goodies and trying to reflect the time of year. Metallic was a trend I wanted to pick up on. I've seen this lots over the last couple of months. It's been used as both a main feature and a highlight on layouts and cards. For this time of year especially I thought it would work great paired with pale colours so you'll find that in your kit. Metallic colours also work well with high contrast colours like black. There's nothing like a black base to make a metallic colour pop so I've also included some black and darker colours. The metallic can be used for everyday themes and they'll work great for festive pages too.

In this layout I've had a go at using little hints of metallic and pale colours together.


From the main kit I used the Monochrome paper as the base then added strips of the Market and Merrymint papers at the top and bottom. Layers of the grey cardstock and Pink Paislee paper from the main kit I added as a cluster then added some pieces cut out from the Dear Lizzy paper from last month's Lite kit. 
I've added the metallic highlights using the Heidi Swapp stickers from the Lite kit, the silver sparkle twine from the main kit and the gold alphabet stickers from the main kit.


I've made this card using the Lite kit and used the black colours in the kit with the silver for a different look.


How are you planning to use metallic highlights on your projects? I'm starting to add some more ideas to the current kits Pinterest page which you can check out here, http://www.pinterest.com/craftytemplates/novemberdecember-2013-kits-inspiration/

I'll be back soon with another idea to make some hand cut titles and embellishments.

x Leo


No comments:

Post a Comment