CHA Week - Pick of the new goodies

Hi!

This weekend has been the CHA mega show trade show over in the US and paper craft manufacturers have been debuting their new lines. I've been busy looking out for the new trends and trying to pick out the most usable stuff coming out of CHA to turn into trendy but usable kit goodies for you and I'll post up some of my findings here over the next few days so you can let me know what you think.

I'm going to start with American Crafts and here's what's caught my eye from their new collections:
The line that most caught my eye is probably aesthetically the most boring but in terms of usability it's one of the most usable product lines I've seen so far. It's the DIY shop line. It's a line of basics but done in what I kind of think of as 'modern classic' basics so there's the chalkboard, cork and woodgrain. These will go with anything you mix them with so they're something that's not going to be taking up room in your stash they'll definitely be a go to for loads of different projects.
The trend for wooden shapes is still going strong and American Crafts have some really cute ones. I particularity liked the Daydreamer ones.
Brush script is an up and coming trend and it's prevalent in the new Amy Tangerine line Plus One. I particularly liked the tags from this line as they have a nice mix of brush images and text so they'd be great to add a little touch of that trend to any project.
As it's American Crafts obviously there are lots of new Thickers alphabet stickers on offer. My pick was the hammer key style ones from the Dear Lizzy line 'Daydreamer'. The red/orange colour I think is really striking and it's a style that would work for lots of different subjects as it's got a little bit of vintage style but the colour makes them modern and up to date at the same time so they'd work well for everyday projects too.

Next is Crate Paper. Crate Paper have three new lines that I've seen so far 'Boys Rule', 'Styleboard' and 'Oh Darling'. They've stuck with a couple of the current trends of metallic gold and florals which I still like but it'd have been nice to get something different too. I did pick up on a couple of 2014 trends I've spotted, sky/cloud paper and cork board paper. I really love the corkboard paper actually and I could see it maybe used as something interesting for diecutting?


I'm moving onto Websters Pages next. I mentioned the cloud paper/embellishment trend. I guess it comes with Spring/Summer feeling collections but I'm loving it and I really liked it in the new Websters Pages.


Being Websters Pages obviously lots of the collections are very feminine which I think can work well for everyday projects in small doses but I appreciate they're not going to be for everyone. The vellum papers though would work for all kinds of everyday subjects/projects. I really liked the bird pattern overlay too. The paper sheets with the mini cards pattern also caught my eye. These would make great embellishments when they're cut out from the sheet and I think these work well in the Lite kits as you can use them as paper or embellishments.

Fancy Pants next! They always bring something different to the table and I really like the quirky colour combination on their new 'As You Wish' line. Those little library pockets and envelopes I think are really cute and they'd be good for your regular scrapbooking or cardmaking as well as being good in pockets if you're using pocket pages in your scrapbooking.



Thinking about things good for pocket style scrapbooking, these caught my attention too. We had some of the Jillibean Soup Placemats in a main kit last year and this year they have these cute smaller ones coming out. I really like how they're the plain die cut cardstock because you can use your choice of patterned paper behind them to give them the look you want to match any project you're working on.





I'll wrap today up with Pink Paislee. The main little goodies that caught my eye are the chipboard alphabet packs in each of their new lines. I really loved this striped one from the 'Hello Sunshine' line.

I'll be back with the next round that'll include Heidi Swapp, Studio Calico, Simple Stories and Basic Grey. I've also been looking for some more off the radar and unusual bits and pieces.
Somewhere in between the CHA stuff I'll be sharing the next kit sneak peeks too. I've got some amazing goodies for you from Kesi'Art and something really fun and custom made to share too!
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment