Showcasing the stamps

When my son's graduation photo arrived we had many more copies that we needed (even though we had the smallest packet available!) So I decided that I could use one of them to record some memories of the special day. I wanted to feature black, grey and red. Red is quite a hard colour to use when scrapping as if you use it in mists and paints (other than with a rainbow of colours) they it can look like you cut yourself whilst crafting! So I decided to bring in the stamps from the Five Gold Stars kit in order to allow some red into the mix. I am a nervous stamper - even after all these years of trying - so these stamps are perfect for me as you can stamp them on separate card stock and then cut round them to place wherever you like.

I love this strking black and white print from the Its Been kit but it needed toning down so as not to overpower the rest of the layout. I added some gesso over most of the page and allowed it to dry (it doesn't take long!)

While I was waiting I stamped and embossed using versamark and black fine detail embossing powder. I then coloured them in using  red and green distress inks and a waterbrush. The only exception was the laurel which was stamped using a green ink, outlined with black pen and cut out. Using embossing powder in this way makes colouring in easier as you can't go outside the lines quite as easily.

 I created a layered photo mat with the papers from the Lite Kit, including two of the cut off strips from the bottom. One of the papers was punched down one side using an American Crafts border punch.

I then layered up the silver circles from the kit with lots of the Heidi Swapp stickers. 

Outlining with black pen really made the words stand out. I covered one of the chipboard arrows from the embellishment kit in patterned paper as well
 Then it was just a case of adding lots of words about the day.
NB I'm sure my son would want you to know his degree is in Computer Games Programming - not just playing the games - but I ran out of room to write any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment