Simply lovely

that is the name of my layout not what I think of it (I wouldn't be that boastful!)... although there are some elements that I really like
Some of it was planned and some kind of just came to me.
As I am near the end of the kits they were now all jumbled up together. I decided that I wanted to use a few strips of papers on one side of the page and the stamps as frames on the other (as the layout is about a gallery) I wanted to keep things relatively simple so that the beauty of Barbara Hepworth's sculpture could still stand out. I thought that using the cork pieces would also work well as she liked natural elements to work with. You will notice that two of the cork tiles have been turned over so they are blank - well it worked for me!

I found some papers that toned with the photos and then thought that I wanted another element and what a shame it was that the voile fabric had gold stars on it as I really wanted something more silvery. And then I turned it over and discovered it was perfect on that side! I attached it to the paper with my tiny attacher (I have finally worked out what to do to in order to make it usable anywhere on the page. I have read what to do many times but it took looking at this to finally get it. You can expect to see a lot more stapler action in the future...). I just love what it adds to the page - a floaty ethereal quality - which is what that garden has (Lythan wafts away into nonsense)

I stamped the frames onto the Studio Calico Monochrome paper which I also used behind the cork frames. I added a puffy arrow onto a layered embellishment
but left the rest quite simple.

Inspired by Leo I thought I would have a go at a hand cut title. Luckily for me, I still had the word "lovely" left on my set of Heidi Swapp word stickers so I used that as a guide, sketching the word out in pencil. I then went over it to create thick lines and cut it out. I erased (almost all) the pencil lines and went over the word with a Wink of Stella glitter pen to add some sparkle. I added small foam dots underneath the word. The word "simply" is die cut using a MFT alphabet

No comments:

Post a Comment