Creating Layers and Large Titles

I've been having quite a blast with the Jan/Feb kit. I think it's the all the bright colours they're just a nice cheer up in the face of all the grey weather days and dark too quickly evenings we have this time of year. I sat myself down with the kit and some photos I've had picked out for a while to scrap. I have been thinking about trends and techniques too and in the Simple Sketches booklet I included an idea using large titles on pages that's a trend I like right now so I set out to make a layout with a large title.
In the kit I also added a smaller alphabet sticker to work with this idea so you can create longer titles or mix them in with large cut titles like this or just using up your own larger alphabet stickers. I know the dies with the words and lettering are really popular right now too so it could be a good excuse to work those into your scrapping if you have them.
OK onto the layout.

I used a brush font to make the large word in the title. If you have a PC you'll probably have Word. That's all I used for this Word with the WordArt option selected then using the outline style title I printed out the word in mirror image, (that's under printer options) printing it on the back of a sheet of white cardstock and cut it out. You could use a font that's not joined up and create individual letters but I really like the one word cut out so that's why I went with a script style font. You could even just write the word out on the back of your cardstock and use your own handwriting to make a title with. I'll definitely be having a go at that in another layout.
With this layout I used bits of all three of the Jan/Feb Quirky Kits, only because I've ended up with everything mixed together on my desk so when I started this layout I started with the vellum from the main kit and a white cardstock base and then ended up picking out the other turquoise colours from the kit goodies to match with it. I mixed in the yellow stripe paper from the main kit and the orange/yellow leaf embellishments from the Embellishment kit to contrast with the turquoise. There's also a little bit of the Beau Book paper from the Lite kit. It was just a long narrow scrap I had left so I tucked it in behind the yellow to give the whole layout a bit more interest. It also worked as a nice highlight for one of the Kesi'Art phrase stickers from the Lite kit I also added over the top.
The bottom of the yellow stripe paper has a turquoise pattern cut off strip so I kept that part on the paper and carried it on a bit with the teal ribbon from the main kit, just tucking it slightly underneath the paper carries on the scallop pattern on the paper a little bit.
As I used vellum as the background I also used some of the Kesi'Art vellum (from the Embellishment kit) in the foreground. The edges of the vellum were a little bit blunt looking against the white so I decided to soften them using the twine from the main kit all around the edge of the vellum. I used Glossy accents, just a little bit of it all around the edge of the vellum was all it  needed to stick the twine down as it's super sticky. 
Here you can see the different paper layers with the vellum just slightly overlapping all the patterns to help bring them together. 

I used the journalling cards from the Lite and the main kit to act as a photo matt and a journalling block. Both sides of the Kaisercraft journalling card from the main kit worked with my layout so I folded one end upwards a little to show both sides. The yellow arrow is cut out from the Simple Stories paper from the Lite kit.

As well as carrying on the title with the smaller alphabet stickers I used one of the October Afternoon chipboard stickers from the embellishment kit as a base for a stamped word. I used a Pebbles roller alphabet stamp to make the word.

I'll be back with more of my finished layouts soon. Hope this has given you an idea to make a large title accent on a page.
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment