Creative Journalling - Creative Journal & Pocket Diary Quirky Kit Ideas

I picked out lots of things for the current kits, (Jan/Feb 2014) that allow you to make journalling a main feature on your scrapbook pages. I picked out some notepaper from the Bo Bunny Life Journal range 'Misc Me' with the idea to use it right on scrapbook pages so they can look like pages of a journal pulled out to use on a page. Because it's a scrapbook safe version of notebook paper it means you can use it like a regular scrapbook paper too and put your photos right on top of it. I had this idea in my head when I started out these pages.
My scrapbook pages vary a lot with how much journalling I put on there. I suppose it depends on the album the page is going in, whether it needs it or not. When we are memory keeping though sometimes it's not all about the photo it's about a memory and telling a story so that's how I approached putting lots of journalling on a page. I started off with the story, then picked out the photos. You could even make a page entirely around a written out letter, not including any photo to make a different kind of page for a family album. A page with handwritten journalling from lots of different family members could be really interesting to look back on too?
Here's my first layout from the main kit. Everything used is from the main kit, I added the pin and two of the triangle stickers from the Embellishment kit. The yellow ink splashes is a Studio Calico Mr. Huey's colour mist in Yellow Taxi. I used that to colour one of the flower images too using a paint brush.


I started off with a white cardstock background then used the patterned papers in strips to build up the background. I added in a tiny strip of the neon cardstock just to add a little pop of it. The yellow binding trim I slotted on the edge of one of the paper strips and then stitched down along the edge. With some of the paper pieces I glued them down with tape just down the middle then carefully lifted the edges a little just to give it some definition. Some pieces are stuck down with 3D foam pads too, the smaller strip of the R.SV.P patterned paper is, also the flower image the the light bulb die cut.

This next page is made with the 'Pocket Diary' Quirky Kit Lite. I added one of the badge sticker embellishments from the Embellishment kit.

I started out cutting out strips of paper the same width then layering them out on the kraft cardstock background. I wanted to add something else to the background so I used a roller stamp, (it was from the first Embellishment kit if you got that one, you'll have the same one it's the Glitz roller stamp) to add a bit of pattern to the kraft card. I wanted to add some more variety so I cut out some smaller strips
of paper to put around the edges and cut out one of the calender cards from the Echo Park paper. I used one of the Project Life cards as another layer. Once I was happy with the position of the layers I added some double-sided tape to back of each piece to fix them down. The red arrow pieces I cut out from the Simple Stories paper to pick out the red in the photo and fixed them on the layout with 3D foam pads. The stars were punched out of the Kesi'Art paper and again fixed down with foam pads to give them a bit more substance. There's lots of the Project Life Ledger cards in the Lite kit which have been added for you to journal onto just like the notepaper in the main kit. I cut one in half on this page to use for the journalling. I've got an idea to make some lift up/interactive journalling spots for a layout with these cards and the washi tape in the kit so I'll come back with that idea finished for next time.
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment