The happy accident

When a new kit arrives, after I have spent time unwrapping everything and going "oooh this is fab" about 10 times, the next thing I do is head to my computer to print out a random selection of photographs that I know I want to scrap. I don't do chronological order, (although I keep summer holidays in separate albums) so this time decided on a range of old stories, photos from the half term break we have just had and some selfies so I could talk about how having new glasses makes me feel. The husband and I have our own printers so I was confused when things seemed to go wrong with my printing. Then I discovered that SOMEONE had changed the settings (as it happens it was for a nice reason which I am also scrapping with this kit). But that in fact I liked the way the photo had printed. With just half my face.

So here is layout 1 using the Creative Journal Kit
This was going to have some kind of punning title, but then on the Kesi'art Kiss My Neon Your Own Way cut apart sheet I saw the little box that said "Take what you need" with lots of positive words underneath so decided to use those as part of the title. I gathered together papers from the kit, including some of the fabulous vellum which I backed with white cardstock so that it would be seen in all its glory.  I added some of the May Arts ribbon which I adore.
The pink zigzag was cut from another of the cut apart pieces of scrap paper using decorative edge scissors.

If you haven't used the Crate paper decorative pins yet (from the Junk Drawer embellishment kit)  - I found that they have some black grease on the inside and it is well worth wiping them several times to clean it off. Otherwise once you put that pin on something you have to leave it there or work out how to disguise the greasy mark. But they are gorgeous so it is well worth persevering. As I was outlining everything else I decided to have a go with the Prima leaves (also from Junk Drawer) and I like the funky look. The leaf on the left is a far more subtle pink than it looks onscreen.

I did add a few items not in the kit - the cloud chipboard is October Afternoon Daily Flash; the "I" is an American Crafts glitter thicker and I used an "I" from Doodlebug as a fish sign on the bottom right to remind me that my Christian faith is important to me. It was actually quite hard to find an "I" as many sticker sheets only have lower case ones

No comments:

Post a Comment