One of these is not like the other....

This is one of my favourite layouts using this set of kits. And it really came from the fact that I was challenged by having photos I wanted to scrap but with papers that didn't really feature much of the dominant colour. It would probably have worked as well if I had just ignored the turquoise and used other colours to highlight it but decided to have a go at adding colour using watercolours.
And this is the result
 I began by colouring blue circles randomly across the white cardstock. To be honest when I started I thought "oh crumbs (or words to that effect) it looks terrible". But I added a Kaisercraft stamp randomly over the top and outlined the circles messily with black pen and then it looked much better.
NB when I use large background stamps like this I don't put them on a perspex block. This means that the ink goes on less evenly which I prefer.

For this layout I followed a Stuck sketch really pretty faithfully. I added more colourwash to the black and white paper and made sure that I outlined all the patterns on the other papers. I used to do this all the time and do love the graphic lift it gives. I put some of the vellum through a little ribbing machine. That is because I tried to add some watercolour too it, which was a disaster as it all rolled up. The ripples straightened it out a bit.

I trimmed one of the journalling sheets into a circle, adding more of the watercolour circles to it.

I outlined more of those lovely leaves with black pen and the little sticker is raised on foam pads.

 The title used glitter thickers which leads me to see if you managed to spot why one of these things is not like the other...
Yup, only after I had taken loads of photos of the layout did I notice that the "!" had fallen off. These Thickers are really not very sticky so here is a reminder to use adhesive to put them where they need to go.
Oh and in case you were wondering, the super soft and comfy (and bright and silly) PJ's come from Primark :)


No comments:

Post a Comment