More sketch love

Well I think you can see Sketch 4 from Leo's awesome Simple Sketches here, altough photo space and journalling space have been swapped round
This is little me with my Uncle David. I am about 3 or 4 in this photo. I used a fairly small photo which got even smaller when I decided to place it within the Jillibean Soup frame. I thought the curved edges gave a lovely retro feel. I knew there needed to be red on the layout but how chuffed was I when I realised that the gold funky patterned paper was an almost perfect match to the dress I am wearing? I gave the layout a double frame so needed lots of black outlining to break the patterns up. I also used the red Snap card and love the way the pattern underneath peeks through.

The bracket pattern underneath the card comes from one of the tear off strips at the bottom of the papers. I think I have used almost every one of those strips from this month's kit. I love that little extra layering detail they give.

I gave the wooden plaque a little treatment by colouring over the word with a gold pen and a white pen. I was going to leave it in position as per the sketch but it sat so much better on the top right
The wood effect paper triangles were cut from the Studio Calico Lemon Lush paper and I used up my remaining cork hearts and burlap flowers to go round the edge of the layout. As you might be able to spot I didn't really use a sewing machine - just some faux stitching but having the pen work going over the triangles does help fool the eye just a little bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment