Inspired by Pinterest 3

I've again taken something from the Crafty Templates Inspiration Pinterest board for this set of kits.
This layout by a scrapper called Yukiko is just fabulous
I was really struck by the die cut leaves so decided to go for that look on my layout. The structure of my page stays pretty faithful to hers. Isn't there a beautiful balance to pictures and the title there?
I added a few more papers and so mine isn't quite as delicate looking and certainly doesn't have as much white space.
The page actually has an even margin around the edge, but I managed to destroy that in the photo cropping and didn't notice!

I took the woodgrain paper from the main kit and trimmed it down to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2". I added drops of green and black mist over the paper and before I stuck that down to the cream cardstock, I gutted the middle of the cream piece so I could use that on another project. A different sheet of cream cardstock was run through my Silhouette Cameo to produce the branches. I cut more than needed so see if you can spot them on a future project!

I picked out some vibrant papers from both kits. I was a little hesitant at first - after all the deer are orange and not bright pink but it makes for quite a striking background. Everything has had a heavy layer of black distress ink added - apart from the branches. I decided to leave them be to give a bit of contrast. I spent ages fiddling around with the papers and photos but eventually felt happy to stick it all down, with one of the photos being raised on foam pads. I only added glue to the bottom of the branches so that they would "float" a little more on the page.
It was lovely to have wooden embellishments that exactly matched one of the papers so I made sure to use plenty here
(heavy hand with the glue. Sigh. At least you can only see it this close up)
I was coming to the point in the kit where letters were proving problematic. I went back to Thickers from an old kit and even then had to get creative with the scissors...

I added my journalling and a few of the Basic Grey Highline  embellishments to finish things off




No comments:

Post a Comment