Shiny happy scrapper

I had loads of fun combining elements from all of the kits for this layout, but the papers are predominantly from the Shiny Happy People lite kit
The day that I took this photo I also took loads of photos trying to get the perfect sea spray. It didn't happen. But I wanted to try and replicate it so I had fun splashing and sprinkling lots of different mist sprays. I made sure I included Heidi Swapp Gold Lame as there are gold accents in the papers and embellishments.

I then layered up a photo mat and cut a few strips of patterned paper and some of the gold ribbon from the main kit. . I added lots of black distress ink round the edge of everything ('cos I like it. It you don't, you can tone it down or leave that out!)

The "Good Times" see through embellishment was layered onto the heart paper
and the "Love this" has white cardstock underneath it. I could stick the former to the heart paper easily as the bottom is tucked under the photo mat but "Love this" is stapled using a Tiny Attacher, then adhered using foam pads on top of the photo.

I added a little bit of interest to the top right corner to give some balance
including trying out the tangled thread look with the gold thread from the main kit. I found it was best to put some double sided sticky tape down first and kind of wind the thread round it. It was very fiddly and I think perhaps this extra fine thread isn't the best to try this with but I like the effect. I tried the same under the badge at the bottom
All that was left to do was to put down some journalling, the title and a few enamel dots.
I had almost forgotten how much I loved being here as a teenager so this was a good memory to capture and a fabulous kit to showcase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment