Playing with paint 2

Hello

Have you opened those cute little pots of acrylic paint yet?  If you're like me and a little bit artistically-challenged maybe you're a bit nervous about using paint on your projects?  Here's a little idea that might make it all a little easier
I used a stencil cut with my Silhouette Cameo to make this tree, but I think you'd get a really pretty result using ready made stencils - it would certainly add extra interest to them


What do you think to my paint palette?  As a hayfever sufferer I get through loads of those plastic and foil capsule "trays" - I always keep a couple of empty ones on my craft desk.  By picking off as much of the foil as you can and then popping the little divots back into shape you end up with the perfect little trays for when you want to use small amounts of paint or ink.  My other tool for this project are cotton buds - I've seen similar projects using the eraser end of a pencil.
I work with a sheet of paper under my project so that I can dab the end of the cotton bud on paper first in case I've over coloured it

So, with my stencil taped in place with some washi tape, I put a little of each colour paint in the tray (I added a small amount of white to the 2 deeper colours), and one end of a cotton bud for each colour all I did was dab the dots of paint over the top until all the holes in the stencil were filled


 Once dry, I used a sponge with some blue decorating chalks to add some colour around the tree
The finished piece was adhered to white card, I added a length of blue seam binding around this then fixed itto the dark blue base card.
The sentiment is one of the lawn Fawn stamps from the kit, stamped in "Paris Dusk" (Momento) ink. 
I made a double bow with more seam binding and twisted a couple of wired flowers and pearls around it before fixing to the card
To finish I added a few flat-backed pearls over some of the little stencilled  circles on the tree


From the kit I used:
Acrylic paints
Lawn Fawn stamps
From my stash:
Seam binding, Wired flowers, Wired pearls, flat-backed pearls


You'll probably think of lots of ways to use this technique - it works well with ink as well as paint, and you can use it for filling a larger area too - lile a heart, or maybe the petals of a large flower - I hope you'll give it a try

Thanks for visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment