Ticket to Fun

Hi, its Kathy back again

Here's a quick card that is simple to put together,  You don't need loads of tools, just your guillotine or craft knife, a pair of scissors, a pen and maybe an ink pad to edge the papers with.  
And your Quirky Kit, of course
Just cut two squares of paper, one a couple of centimetres bigger than the other and adhere to a square card blank.  This is a brilliant starting point for a card design as it immediately draws the eye into the centre  you could easily just add a flower, or a verse or an image and have a presentable card in minutes.
To decorate mine, I cut a couple of narrow rectangles, then cut in at one end just with scissors.  I scribbled around these with a gel pen and glued down, overlapping the two pieces of paper and tucking a "FUN" metal clip over the upper piece

Next I chose one of the tickets from the kit to put over the top - I just used glue at the end of the ticket because I rather liked the way it curled and I didn't want to flatten it.

I made faux brads by punching circles with my smallest punch and then shaped with a large embossing ball tool - you could use the end of a pen or something similar if you don't have one )I used to use a wooden dolly peg) anything with a rounded end will do the job

The bunting is simply hand-cut, glued down in an arc, and then a piece of Bakers Twine glued over the top.
At this point I thought I'd finished.....but realised it could do with something extra - so I added a third, narrower banner piece and tucked it under the loose end of the ticket.
From my Quirky Kit I used:
Simple Stories Charmed Life #7 paper
Websters Pages Ocean Melody ‘Ocean View’ paper
Studio Calico South of the Market ‘Tickets Please’ 12x12 patterned paper.(reverse) 
Carta Bella Ahoy There ‘Seashells’ 12x12 patterned paper. (reverse) 
Ticket  - Fancy Pants Everyday Circus roll tickets
Prima Seashore Metal Clips

the Bakers Twine was from my stash

My Kit Box contained a selection of gorgeousness from all the August/September kits. Click HERE to see them all

Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment