All kitted up

As I mentioned in my last post, I bagged up some bits and bobs from the Quirky Kits to take on holiday. It made holiday scrapping a breeze. I was able to put papers into some 12x12 plastic zip bags along with some embellishments. That cut down the amount of stuff I needed to take - I just added a few stencils, some embossing paste and distress inks and trimmer, scissors and glue.
I even packed one kit to use up papers from the last Beachy Peachy/Along the Pier Quirky Kits which I will also share.
But first a page using the most recent kits...
This is my bed in the 4 berth cabin on the boat to Shetland. You don't get a lot of personal space but there is this big thick curtain that goes around the bed. Being a Minister who spends a fair bit of time at Crematoriums I couldn't help noticing the similarity to the big thick curtains you see there. And that just needed scrapping!

I decided to pull out one of my Theresa Collins stencils and some texture paste. When it was dry I rubbed a red gelato over. The texture of the white cardstock being revealed was an added bonus.

I took a little longer than you might imagine playing about with all my strips of paper and deciding what would go where. I had fun with the sheer elements, layering onto and behind the netting and vellum.

When I was happy, everything was inked around the edge with Black Soot Distress Ink and adhered. I had gessoed one of the die cuts for a previous layout and then did not use it so cut it in two as an added feature here. The one on the top left should have the name of the Ferry on it - still on the to do list!
To help the glitter thickers to blend in, I used strips of the washi tape.
Then it was just a case of adding journalling, sprinkling sequins and gems and choosing where to put the star badge. The tiny letters in the title are Adornit from my stash  - I think I have had them for about 8 years now!

This is the layout that mostly uses up papers from the last kits
The placing of the photo is quite similar to the last layout, but hopefully there are enough differences for that not to be toooooo obvious! Because I had loved the vellums in that kit I had hoarded them so made myself use them all! I did my usual trick of gutting the aqua base cardstock so that I could use it again for my die cut title. The letters I cut also went through an embossing folder and were covered in Wink of Stella pen
There is lots of glitter over everything using that pen and also some prima sparkles! As you can see the journalling is hidden on a tag.
I used up more of the fabulous rub ons - even they got the glitter treatment!
Making up kit bags is the perfect way of ensuring that you make Quirky Kits work. I would like to say that now I have used everything up. Well, I don't have much paper left but with the generous amount of all the fab embellishments we get, some of those will be appearing on more layouts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment