Oh my inky fingers

I had finished my first layout with the fabulous new Quirky Kit Saltwater Smiles and was just about to take the photo of it when I noticed this...

That is not dirt on your screen on the right hand side of my beautifully white card stock. That is a great big dirty mark on the actual layout. Sigh. So some emergency surgery later and...

I adore the bokeh paper and its fine dotted B side. And - oh, that cloud vellum is amazing. So they had a big role on the page. The green stripe paper and gold patterned are both from the cut apart sheet..
As there was already a great deal of gold on its way onto the page I sprinkled gold lame glimmer mist over the page and the papers. While that was drying I die cut my title using a Lawn Fawn die and the B side of the cut apart sheet (Websters Pages These are the days). Then the letters and some of the Bella Blvd Little Bits stickers were painted with the gold lame mist as well

That gold word. My word. Love it.

To start with the two Elle’s Studio Let’s Eat Lil’ Snippets Blank Labels were going to be left blank but then I realised that I wanted to add the detail about Beatrix Potter so was very pleased with myself that I had added them in. (Go me)

All that was left to do was to add a Freckled Fawn wooden blank ticket and some of the puffy stickers and I called it done. Until I spotted the dirty mark and decided I had to cover it up, at least a little
The smippet of yellow gold paper I found on the floor in my room but felt it suited very well. I wonder what layout I punched it out for originally and then couldn't find it (I'm sure that never happens to you)
  
 I would have preferred the layout as it was before but you can't leave a dirty mark that big left alone - so there we are. Remember to wash your hands constantly folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment