Be still my beating heart

I actually gasped when I lifted the Pebbles Jen Hadfield Homemade Gold Wood speciality foiled cardstock out of the kit box. It is so, so, so beautiful.
So I knew that it had to be the centre piece of a layout. I was tempted to cut it up and use it in lots of little pieces but in the end I was glad that I used the whole thing as my base
I was also delighted to note that the Memorandum Time Clock Paper featured a red spot pattern very similar to that on my dress (my husband says that I look like Minnie Mouse in that outfit). So I chopped up lots of the strips of the paper and layered them behind the photo. I also layered in the Oversized roll ticket shape tag and added a big square of the Carta Bella Fall Blessings Autumn Trees B side behind the photo.


When it was all stuck down I wanted some more definition and so did some outlining with black and white pens. I used one of the words from the Memorandum Gold Puffy Stickers and some of the wonderful gold Thickers for the title.  

I was going to rub on all of the rub ons but I did find the first one that I tried (the flowers) quite hard going. So I put all the others onto vellum and it was much easier. It also meant that I could play about with the placing until I was happy.
I was able to add in some more puffy stickers and the feather clip at the bottom (except I thought that it looked like a leaf, so that is what I am going to call it). 
The weather was lovely on our day out but the place not so great - however the amazing Quirky kit turned the whole thing wonderful :)

1 comment: