More Simple Stories and NSD fun

I had to pack up my craft desk yesterday (I say pack up but to be honest I just cleared my desk and sorted things a bit  and will leave the rest to the packers) but before I did so I just had to sit down and do another 2 pages for my memories of Babbacombe Simple Stories binder.
I saw that one of the pockets had a tall thin strip and I knew that was perfect for the page that would have no photos
 I live opposite one of my places of work but the other is right across the other side of Torbay. It is a gorgeous drive and there are so many places where you can glimpse the sea. But most of the views you either can't park at to take photos or photos would not do them justice. I did think about going on a bus so that I could try and take photos but time is against me. So instead I described my journey. At the end I realised that I should have journalled the return as that is even better!

I knew there would be a lot of writing so wanted to keep the rest fairly plain. So I grabbed some die cuts and a strip of paper. I stuck a few bits  down and then spotted the "simple moments" tag which I thought would be great so added in some pink accents with a pink die cut and by colouring in the flowers on the green tag. There is a mix of red and pink but it works I think. I really like the way the cut in half circle works. The jelly tag is across the pages on the outside but as this is the back of the pocket it doesn't interfere with getting the pages in and out.



The front of the pocket is all about the weirdness that is our view. My part of town actually is round a different bay from Torbay and faces up the country rather than off to France. So on a good day you can see as far as Portland Bill. (And look at the sea in the photos, it is quite often this beautiful colour)

 I have just treated myself to these Mama Elephant Block Party letter stamps. Aren't they fab? I coloured them in with black biro scribbles and a Zig Clean Colour pen. I had measured the size of the pocket and then merrily cut my paper in the wrong place and so fixed it by adding some washi tape from the kit. It isn't as good to write on but never mind! I saw this little Pink Fresh die cut that I thought was perfect and as the paper is Pink Fresh too it meant the colours work well. The die cut behind it and the one on the top right are the same one cut in half.

Two very simple squares of paper given washi tape bottoms and die cut or washi word additions.
I again added something on the outside of the pocket, here you can see what the pocket page looks like without anything in it
I haven't caught up on here with my pages for National Scrapbook Day. Leo set some fabulous challenges. I only managed to do three but almost everything was either from the present kits or kits of the past!
Firstly the challenge to use at least 5 papers and 5 types of embellishment
 
 I do love it when a kit has the perfect colours for a photo! I think I am right in saying everything here is QK.
Then there was a 30 minute challenge. I think this took 28. Everything is QK apart from the black thickers. I do love that heart paper (I don't love the way my face looks Easyjet orange...)
 and finally we were challenged to use something that wasn't a stamp to stamp with. 
 I had totally misread the challenge and had already made the stencil background, which didn't leave much room for stamping! So I went for the random addition of butterflies which don't tie into the story at all. Never mind! I had some wooden butterflies on my desk so I covered them with ink and lay them down on the paper. As you can see I added the butterflies on as well. When all the butterflies were dry I gave them the liquid pearl dots treatment. Everything else is from Quirky Kits
My craft desk looks so sad with nothing on it. I am looking forward to unpacking and getting it all messy again!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment