Not the easiest page

Not because it was difficult to choose the papers and embellishments - as ever Quirky Kits made that easy.
But because I wanted a page to pay tribute to our dog who died at the beginning of June (wow, over 2 months ago already)
Here is my tribute to our loveable, annoying dog


 

I used the Hooray main kit. I love the My Minds Eye Hooray paper so used that as my main focus, cutting it to 11 1/2 square so I could also use a little of the stripe on the other side. To rest the photos on the busy paper I made a mat from the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Saturday Bagels. To add detail to top and bottom I trimmed the detail strip from a few of the papers. The pom pom ribbon was too much fun not to use (although Lucky never knew what to do with a ball. Sigh) and I adhered it to the main paper with extra sticky tape (red tape).


Before sticking down the mat I trimmed a few jumbo labels to tuck underneath.
Then over the top of the photos I added some of those amazing Pink Paislee Take Me Away Wood Veneer Painted Shapes, the large one of which was topped by some Hooray Thickers. 

Two more shapes were glued down at bottom right - the house makes me think that Lucky is having fun in her new home.... .

then I added some Nuvo drops - the blue from the kit and also some green drops and some crystal drops that are similar

I've realised that I made a mistake on the layout - Lucky was born in 2002 rather than 2013 so I'll have to work out how to correct that.

It isn't easy doing a page like this but it is cathartic and it is nice to have the end of her life scrapped as she appeared in so many other pages as well

4 comments:

  1. Aww bless. I couldn't look at photos of my Billie when she passed away for so long but then when I did it was upsetting at first and then like you say it was cathartic. I ended up making a minibook of the photos and it really made me focus on all the good things she brought instead of thinking of the loss. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet, fun page to celebrate your furry friend, I love it. I scrapped loads of pages of my cat which I still love to look at even though he died more than six years ago now - to me that's why we scrap, to remember stuff and celebrate the happy times. I haven't played with my Nuvo drops yet, must have a go this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet, fun page to celebrate your furry friend, I love it. I scrapped loads of pages of my cat which I still love to look at even though he died more than six years ago now - to me that's why we scrap, to remember stuff and celebrate the happy times. I haven't played with my Nuvo drops yet, must have a go this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my rescue grey is sitting on my legs here as i type and i'm almost crying for your loss.what a beautiful layout and wonderful tribute.x

    ReplyDelete