Sleepover Selfies!

Hello lovelys, I hope your all having a wicked time using this months kits, I mean how fantastic are all these papers and embellishments we have to play with!

As the kids have had time of school this meant my little cousin decided to move into mine for a week!. So while she has been here many pictures were take and using the snapchat app we had a right laugh with all the different things you could turn yourself into! 

For this layout I have used all red different kits so below I'm just going to list what I used so then I can get into how I created this look.

Hooray Main Kit:
BAZZILL Basics Roselle Cardstock (which is absolutely stunning!)
Pink Paislee Take Me Away Wooden Veneer Ephemera 
Freckled Fawn Acrylic Frames
Mint Wooden House Embeliishments
Tonic Nuvo Drops Midnight Blue

Cake Walk Lite Kit:
Freckled Fawn Puffy Alphas - Grey

Dancing On The Ceiling Embellishment Kit
Carpe Diem Expoxy Metal Clips



Oopps- sorry not sorry Leo! After I had backed my photos in the Roselle Cardstock I wanted to start creating my embelishment clusters and to do this I used the metal clips from the carpe diem collection. However I didn't want the clip part to cover my photograph so I cut it carefully and took the clip off, obviously saving that part later in case it came in handy.


Just above the image of me and my cousin being little cute animals I started my first cluster and as you can see I have used the freckled fawn acrylic frame in bright yellow, and I also snapped this frame in half so I can use it on my second cluster to bring them together. To finish of this embellishment bundle I used the Nuvo drops, which before this kit I haven't tried and I didn't know what to expect however there really easy to use I am investing and getting them in every colour! There perfect to add a little pop of colour to your page!



Cluster number 2 I couldn't wait to use these tiny little mint houses, There so cute and seen as though she slept at mine for the week I thought it was a brilliant opportunity to use it! The second half of the frame is again tucked under the photograph bringing both clusters together and finishing off with those Nuvo drops which again look great!, and not forgetting the arrow from the pink Paislee collection it not only points to title, and the fact I love using arrows colour is almost identical to the Roselle paper so once again for me it's about bringing the layout and the colours together.


Thickers and Alphabet stickers are my favourite thing to put onto a layout becuase a title for me is what makes the layout complete. Here I used the freckled fawn grey puffy alpha stickers and I have named it 'Snapchat selfies'. What I also liked about these is that they are repositionable and don't really make a mess of the paper if you haven't stuck it in the right place. There is noting worse that than trying to re-line up stickers that have jumped out of your hand and tearing the page, so these puffy alphas get a 10/10 from me.


An Ariel shot of my layout hopefully shows you how sometimes you don't need much to make an outstanding piece for your album. The background paper from dear lizzy Saturday I cut into four triangles and using my favourite side I used two and created a background that I've never tried before. 

Stick around for more uploads from me and the team! Have a nice day :) 

MelanieJoanne❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment