Titanic

Hey guys, today I'm sharing a post from my summer holiday in Cornwall using some typically autumnal imagery and a spattering of mixed media.
I decided to use the grey Bazzill cardstock to match the grey stones in the landscape and the green is for the grass (I can be very literal). I simply layered gesso and acrylic paint in drips to anchor my photo cluster to the page. The strip of 'So Sweet' paper was to stop the page feeling so top heavy and I love the subtle pattern. 

Behind my photo I layered a few sheets of pattern paper, some Indigo Hills ephemera, chipboard leaves, wood grain washi and the phrase 'high five' from the roller stamp. I think the leaves work well despite being intended for autumn because they fit the general theme of nature. I love the dimension of the chunky bobby pin too!

You can see my stamping didn't quite go to plan but that's the beauty of a mixed media page; it really lets me embrace the imperfection. The leaf trip was good to blend the title into the rest of the page and to add some extra texture. 
The title 'Titanic' of course refers to the iconic pose I tried with my cousin on a walk. All I can say about it is that we tried our best... Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment