Lagom for summer time

I managed to find a little corner of time over my Christmas break to dive into my latest Quirky Kit, the beautiful Lagom main kit, designed to show off festive, wintery photos. So I used it for a photo taken 6 months ago in midsummer!
 Red and black are my favourite colours to craft with and wear so any kit that features those heavily is going to suit me. And with gold touches I am in heaven! I just adore that American Crafts DIY 4 gold foiled star transparency sheet so wanted it to have centre stage. That meant finding a way to anchor it. I went through the papers and cut strips of various sizes from them to tone with the photo. I added black pen to the red/white stripe paper made specially for the kit.
And of course, black pen to outline around everything. I sorted through the tags for some that would suit and cut the red/white one into three small tags (the little white tag with the date on is the other side of the tag. They have the most amazing texture) I swapped out the ribbon on the "another year over..." tag for a red one to match the page. I smiled at being able to use this Christmas song phrase for a birthday page.

I took one of the wooden hearts and smothered it in multi medium before pouring extra fine glitter on the top. While it was drying I assembled my photos and tags, adding a few paper clips for interest. The red tags and photo have foam pads underneath them. 

I failed to think of a very exciting title, but the letters have enough pizazz to overlook that I think!
They are really very sticky so although I didn't quite get them in the position I wanted to, they are staying as they are! I wrote the journalling in three sections and then finally added some of those lovely white and gold flowers, a gold flair button and the glittery heart as finishing touches.

I ran out of crafting steam following my move and new job but it is all coming back to me now (hurray!) and it means I have two layouts featuring the Cakewalk and Hooray (appropriately enough) to share with you that I haven't before.

 I had fun colouring in the Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life, Crazy Fun patterned paper and cutting out lots of dots from the Dear Lizzy Saturday Bagels one. I also triple embossed the wood veneer word to make it stand out more.

 This one involved lots of layering and the last of the fun bobble ribbon. I used a similar product to Nuvo drops for the circle and coloured in the ferns with a silver pen. I also used some grey/black/white washi tape from my stash

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment