Simplicity!

Hey everyone!

As promised I am back with my next layout and this one is a little more on the simplistic side.
Here's what I used and how I created the layout...

What I Used:
From the Main Kit:

 - 1 sheet of white cardstock
 - Bazzill Craft Classic Smooth cardstock
 - Simple Stories #Whatever #Nailed It patterned paper
 - Both Sides of Pink Paislee Take me Away #18 patterned paper
 - Shimelle Go now Go Date patterned paper
 - Square Heart This Embellishment Card

From the Embellishment Kit:

 - Tonic Studio Perfect Gold Glitter Bow
 - Freckled Fawn Camera Puffy Sticker
 - 1 Chalkboard Wordfetti
 - 1 cut-apart Label
 - 1 Square Embellishment Card "Thank You for being so wonderfully sweet"


Here's how I created my layout.

I started this layout off by using the leftover piece of Simple Stories #Whatever #Nailed It sheet and sticking it down onto the craft cardstock which made about a half an inch border at both the top and bottom of my page. I cut off one of the branding strips and laid that across the lower part of the page and then layered my photo of my two (adorable) puppies onto both sides of the Pink Paislee Take me Away #18 patterned paper as they were a nice contrast to the photo and the background. Above this I placed the square card reading Thank You for being so wonderfully sweet (cause they really are!)


For my little embellishment cluster I placed down the small "Heart This" square card embellishment and laid a cut-apart label on top for a spot of journalling. I then adhered one of the gold bows using some silicone glue to make sure it stuck. For the heart embellishment I used the Shimelle Go now Go Date patterned paper and a scalloped heart punch I had to punch out one of the hearts from the sheet and added a tad more journalling. To finish off I used one of the Freckled Fawn puffy cameras and one of the chalkboard wordfetti's that reads smile, as my puppies make me smile everyday!


I was so lucky I managed to snap the photo of Enya and Bonnie in time as they moved just after I got the shot. I just thought it was so beautiful how they'd managed to make a heart shape with their bodies.
Sometimes the more simplistic layouts have the most impact. I also often think I should do lots of journalling to tell the story, but as I've shown, and proven to myself...sometimes the photo's tell the stories all by their selves!

 I hope you like my layout I cannot wait to add it to the puppies album! Be sure to share your more simplistic layouts over on the Facebook Subscribers group...I'd love to see them!
Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment