Circle of Trust | 12x12 Layout | ScrappyNerdUK | March 2017

I was so excited to see the large circle wood veneer piece in this kit and immediately knew it was time to get out my circle punch to use for this layout.


Firstly I decided to heat emboss my wood veneer piece and this is one of my favourite techniques to alter wood veneers.

I used some gold Papermania embossing powder and my heat tool to set it and I love the effect it gives. It is a great way to make bespoke changes to your wood veneers and so why not give it a try on your next project - even use the same technique on your circle wood veneer from the Jan/Feb kit.







Next I used a 3 inch punch to punch out my photographs and formed a circle of photos.

 I punched a total of 8 photographs and left the 4 corner spaces blank for embellishment.







I then added some patterned paper to the middle 4 circles and I chose to use the special Quirky Kits papers that said "All you need is love" and some Chasing Dreams paper by Maggie Holmes to complete the 4 inner circles.

I then used the shape of the circles to add my title "Circle of Trust" as this was a layout all about the friends in my life that I adore and trust.


I finished the embellishments in the middle with some stickers from the Echo Park sticker sheet and loved the 3d effect of the butterflies in the recesses of the wood veneer.






I then added stickers and sequins to each of the four corner circles. I mounted my layout onto a sheet of white 12x12 cardstock as I was going to include this in my album and completed the edges with a straight black border with a few messy squiggles to add interest.



And here is the finished layout. I hope that this has bought you inspiration as to how you can use your wood veneer piece and made you think outside the box when it comes to using multiple photos, heat embossing, different textured papers to fill the circles and using the lines of the layout to create some interest with the shaping of the title.



No comments:

Post a Comment