Love These Girls

Hey everyone, hope you are keeping well.
I'm back with my first layout created with the beautiful Jan/Feb Quirky Kits! 
I've created another two today, so look out for more layouts from me coming soon!
The latest kit has a lot of geometric aspects, and as I haven't done any geometric layouts before I decided to challenge myself to try it on each layout!



I started with this lovely heart paper (Echo Park Just Be You collection), from the Prismatic main kit. 
The first thing I did before I even knew what photo I was going to use was to stitch around 3 of the triangles with pink, yellow and green embroidery thread. 






I then decided which photo to use. I really liked the green, blue and pinky tones of the papers and stickers, they reminded me of a jungle, and I thought of this photo of me in China with the lovely green trees in the background. 
I matted my photo, which I printed with a white border, onto a piece of paper from Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams called Delightful. 
For my title I used the word love from the Dear Lizzy ephemera pack, which was in the Rhombus embellishment kit, and the lovely glittery teal thickers from the main kit. 


For my embellishments I added 3 clusters, one next to the title, one in the top left, and a small one above the photo. 
All of the embellishments next to the title came from the Echo Park Just Be You sticker sheet from the main kit, but I used foam tape to create some depth, and folded up the butterfly wings.



I added a similar cluster to the top left, including one of the geometric heart embellishments, exclusive to Quirky kits. 



I used one of the exclusive hexagon embellishments which said work/play and cut it in half and put it above and below the photo, along with another butterfly.

Finally I journalled around the outside of the heart. 

I hope you like my layout, and it gives you some inspiration.
Natalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment