Holiday Adventure | ScrappyNerdUK | March/April 2017

Hiya Friends.

I freekin love this months kit. All of the bright colours just really gets me in the mood ready to scrap summer photos again!!

I found inspiration as soon as I opened my kit and couldn't wait to get started so here I am with my first layout as part of the Quirky Kits Design Team.




I started with the Flip Cards that were included in the main kit and I knew straight away that I wanted to create a grid layout using these.

I wanted to stick to the colours on these cards so used only accents of green, orange, yellow and a small amount of pink and black.

So, I used the "Hey" card and kept this very simple by adding one of the Freckled Fawn arrow clips, which was also from the main kit. I then added a tiny word die cut from the Elle Studio pack and finished this card with some Nuvo Crystal drops (which are amazing - do watch the process video on Youtube for help with using these if you are nervous!!). This card was done.



On the middle card at the top I included the "today" word from the Jillibean Soup die cuts pack (from the lite kit) and stuck it straight over the sun in the middle of the card. I added a yellow heart die cut which i drew a messy circle around and finished this card off with a pink heart sticker from the Jillibean Soup stickers (lite kit).

The top row was completed by using the green card with the camera. I love cameras and it is always a natural choice to chose cards/papers/diecuts with cameras on and it works with whatever your layout is about. I added the small circle with a black heart in the middle and put a foam dot underneath to give it some height. I finished this card with a phrase sticker from the Jillibean Soup sticker sheet which said "Wherever you go, go there with love" and I cut this into 2 and placed it above and below the camera. This was finished off with a couple of Nuvo drops.
The card underneath was again a perfect card and it had "my guy" written in the heart. I drew a messy heart shape in a black pen to bring in another element of black. I then added the xoxo and arrow die cuts from the Jillibean Soup die cut pack and finished this card off with a small green heart from the sticker sheet.


The final card I had chosen was the perfect choice to add some journalling to. I kept this card very simple and just added a tag from the Elles Studio die cuts and threaded it with some black and white twine from my stash and stapled the twine to the page. I added a small brown heart from the sticker sheet and again the Nuvo drops were used to complete this card.

You can see in the photo to the right, I did add a tab at the top of the photograph and to this I added 2 word stickers from the sticker sheet "captured moments". I like to date stamp on tabs and labels but I had no recollection of the date this was taken so included the word stickers instead.


I just wanted to add a little something in here about the Nuvo Jewel drops that were included with this months main kit.

They are fab!!

If you are like me and love to add some texture to your layouts then you'll love these. They dry just like enamel dots and I have fallen in love with them. Just squeeze the bottle so the liquid comes out and stop when the dot is big enough for your liking. Gently flick the back of the page to help the liquid settle and remove the air bubbles and leave it to dry, preferably overnight. Tip: Don't dry them with a heat gun as they will just bubble.

Here is the finished layout. At the bottom I added a strip of the Elles Studio paper "Pennants" from the Lite Kit and used the Die Cut Words from the Main kit to create my title "Holiday Adventure". The Adventure word I used was an acrylic piece from Freckled Fawn which was also featured in the Lite Kit.

And I'm done.

I hope you find inspiration today to recreate this layout and see you very shortly with my next layout. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I'll come right back to you.


And don't forget to check out the process video on Youtube here: 




No comments:

Post a Comment