Little Bit Chilly

This layout was me trying to get out of my habit of doing very monochromatic layouts recently. I wasn't really sure where I was going as I started, just that I wanted the title to use the big Jillibean Soup alphabets.
 As I arranged the title beneath my photo I realised both were so tall it was creating a column down my page. I LOVE column based designs so I decided to roll with it. I cut down a couple of the embellishment cards in colours from the title to build the column.
 I backed each card with patterned paper so the width of the column was more consistent and popped them up on cardboard for dimension.
 The right side was looking a little bare so I added a thin strip of paper and a few little embellishments to fill it up a little. I find that mixed media can also spice up a basic column!
 I used Elle's Studio die cuts, Nuvo jewel drops and black ink splatters to add some embellishment to the main column.
If you're daunted by how bold the alphabets are, choose them from a limited colour palette and layer them so they take up less space. I was afraid they wouldn't suit my style but because they're thin card they are so versatile. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment