A very Pink layout

For my first layout with this kit I wanted to use cardstock as a background, before I accidentally cut into it for layering. This pink is a gorgeous shade and I had a photo in mood lighting that  I had slightly over saturated to match. It's barely visible but I did a light circle of white gesso where I was going to put the photo.
 This photo is from a party (the title is a joke about the host's misspelling) and I like that the glittery elements and sequins suggest the fun lights and decorations. The Heidi Swap letter stickers are lovely, they make the title look almost hand written.

 I layered papers and embellishments behind the photo. I made the layers very thin and adhered in the middle of each piece so that the edges would be a little ruffled. The polka dot washi lets the pink peek through. I emphasised the bow with a little black fineliner.
I think my decision at the start to match the photo with the cardstock helps make the layout cohesive. I hope you're enjoying the kits so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment