St James | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2017

Hello Friends - I'm back with another layout from the May/June Quirky Kit.

Please do not adjust your settings - this layout is monochromatic - again. I love the black and white from this kit!!
I decided on a grid layout for this so selected only the papers that were grey black or white (or a mixture) and cut 3x4 inch pieces and laid them in a grid format of 3 across and 2 down.

I also printed my photo in black and white. The photo itself wasn't of great quality as it was taken with my iPhone in low light so the quality was quite grainy. Changing it to black and white or sepia really does help mask the poor quality of any photo - free little tip there for you.

On this I even used some of the tissue paper from the kit to layer behind my photo.




 I then set about embellishing each of the 5 remaining 3x4 inch rectangles. I grabbed a tag from the ephemera pack from the main kit as it was in this gorgeous grey wood grain and I added a little black and white twine from my stash. I then punched out a couple of hearts from the black half of the Kaisercraft Stargazer paper from the Lite Kit. I then added a sticker that says "stay magical" from the Pinkfresh Studio the Mix No.1 phrase stickers pack from the Main Kit.






Next I used the same paper and added a grey heart from the ephemera pack and topped this with a Heidi Swapp bow from the main kit. This was finished off with a chalkboard tag to the right with a couple more word stickers layered over the top. I then added an enamel dot from the Lite Kit and used some of my own stash to add in a little polka dot washi tape and a Tim Holtz Tiny Word sticker (because I can't help myself!!)


Then I used some of the Kaisercraft Mischievous paper from the Main Kit. I used another piece of ephemera from the die cut pack in the main kit and date stamped this with a little stamping off to give the effect of a ghosted image where the ink becomes less each time I stamp.
I wanted this to look cohesive to the other parts of the layout so I included another little strip of the washi from stash and again a word stick, chalkboard tag and enamel dot was added to the top of this card. I then pierced all the way around the ephemera die cut and used the embroidery floss from the Main Kit to add some stitching detail.


I then added a chalkboard sticker from the embellishment kit and used the Gelly Roll pen from the same kit to add my journalling. Again, I used the thread to sew all the way around this label. Although I decided to use a monochromatic theme, I did add in a single pop of green and these appears all throughout the layout.

I then added my title "St James" to another of the chalkboard labels and adhered this to the card next to the photo. I then added two holes in the centre of the layout and used some of the embroidery floss to create a straight line between the two rows. I secured the loose ends in place on the back of my layout with some washi tape.

And here is the layout in its entirety. See you all next time!!





Claire xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment