We sparkle

Oooh its been torture having a new kit and no time to play. But I cleared my diary one afternoon and opened up my All is Dream main kit and had a lovely time!

  I adore the green of the Heidi Swapp Magnolia Jane Dashing paper so decided to use that as a base. I then thought it would be fun to echo the glitter design on our faces so I pulled out a dotty stencil and some white texture paste. Before the paste was dry I added some fine pink and then fine white glitter.
 I also added pink glitter to the little grey heart from the kit. 


At one point I had cut out three of the "Be different by being your beautiful self"  tags and did use pink glitter and pink puffy paint on one of them. It was a disaster, so I ended up with only one! Instead I added tiny strips of two of the papers and matted my photo with some of the Mischievous paper from Kaisercraft (I think this is one of the replacement papers as the kits were so popular this time round!). I gave black edges to all of it to make it stand out. I also added two of the tags from the kit and gave them some extra glitter by using a glue pen and some Sparkle Dust glitter, plus some Wink of Stella glitter brush pen on the flower
 
 Initially the journalling was done on some black cardstock but it looked too stark so I wrote it directly onto the page with a white Posca extra fine pen. I've been trying to improve my lettering. Placement of letters still has a way to go!

I stuck everything down, raising the "beautiful" tag with foam pads and finally adding three glitter bows for fun.

If I'm honest I completely forgot about doing the title and so that only arrived as I came to photograph the layout (doh). It made me glad that I had tried out my brush lettering style as it fits with the Heidi Swapp sparkle letters

 

No comments:

Post a Comment