Title page of 6x8 Travel Album

Hello everyone,

I hope you have been well, and I have missed sharing posts with you and even more all this time I haven't been able to scrapbook at all but now guess what I'm back with a lot of layouts ready for you. 

So first, many things have come at me at the same time and resulted that I was gone for some time. However, the biggest changed happened to me was that after 7 years of living in the same house, we decided to move to a bit bigger place and not shared house most importantly. But if you have ever moved you might know how time-consuming moving everything is and also as the previous home was furnished and this new house isn't. And logically this meant that we had been slowly buying furniture and moving out of boxes. As the move was quite sudden and happened quickly, I couldn't prepare a kit with all the scrapbooking essentials to allow me to scrapbook while we are living from the boxes and unpacking other things were more important than craft supplies. On top of this everyone came visiting to see the place, even when we barely moved in and bought any furniture at all and as we have been having such a lovely time in the UK, all of our friends decided to have BBQ. I have had grilled meat for the last 5 weeks with various friends and then also my father visited us for the first time, which also meant I didn't have a chance to focus on anything else. It just kept us busy that we realised that this was the first weekend we stayed in this house all weekend, just the two of us :D

So finally my first weekend that I have been able to scrapbook and my first thought was to start our travel album. While back we had a 3 night trip to Rome and first holiday finally after four years of being on a student budget. The main goal also was to start this project while it's fresh in our minds, so we can properly document what we saw and experienced. Today I'm bringing you the beginning of the trip and main page of the album.

The materials I used to make these pages:
  • Smooth merlin blue 12"x12" cardstock sheet
  • Fancy Pants Designs Dream Big 'Shine Bright' 12"x12" doublesided patterned paper
  • Kaisercraft Happy Snaps Sticker sheet
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel 'Belle' 12"x12" doublesided patterned paper
  • Pink miniature paper doilies
  • Sweet Talk co-ordinating die cuts pack including journalling tabs, cards and labels
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel 'Happy Go Lucky' 12"x12" doublesided patterned paper
  • Journalling cards co-ordinated to match the embellishments
  • Pretty Little Studio Dream Big Die Cuts pack
  • Some extra goodies from last month's kit as well


After so long, it was good and quite hard to get back comfortable to scrapbook, so I thought that it would be a great idea to start with the album title page. I cut the background papers both patterned paper and cardstock in 6x8 size and the cardstock a bit bigger because the page protectors are larger than 6x8. The first things I adhered were the pink doily and yellow journaling card, once that was complete I could work on my title. I recently saw a wonderful and inspirational layout from one scrapbooker on one of the Facebook groups I'm part of. Based on her idea, I wanted to try it out to mix various size and coloured letters to create an interesting title. Just one of the banners said Road trip, which I figured to cover one of the words with an embellishment instead as my husband and I don't have a car and have never taken a road trip before. And finally, touches were to add flowers to bring the page together. I know this is quite a simple layout, but believe me, there is a whole album ahead, as we went a bit overboard with the picture taking on this trip because as a graduation gift I bought my husband a new camera, so he was trying and enjoying in full force.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and talk to you soon, Agnese.

No comments:

Post a Comment