Greatful

  Sometimes in life you've got to remember to be grateful of what you actually have in your life and not get carried away with all the other things we want but don't need!

So this layout took  me 3 days to make in total. Not because it was difficult but because me and fussy cutting don't mix very well lol...I used to love cutting up paper etc. But now I'm impatient and want things done ASAP! It just show's with patience and perseverance something beautiful can come out of it. 

So here is my layout, what I used and how I created it...


 What I used:

  • Maggie Holmes Carousel Belle 12x12 Patterned Paper
  • Black and White Stripe Ribbon
  • Labels from The Tourist die cut pack
  • Pretty Little Studio Beautiful Day Hello Word stickers
  • Pink Tulle fabric
  • Pebbles Jen Hadfield Heart of Home Hannah Word Phrase Thickers
  • (From my own Stash Crayola Pencils for colouring the flowers)
I started this layout by cutting out lots of the flowers from the Carousel Belle 12x12 patterned paper and colouring them in with Crayola pencils (yes not many people realise the shading and dimension you can get by using bog standard Crayolas)


They really do leave a beautiful finish. I believe they can also be used as watercolours as well either with water or baby wipes (although don't quote me as I've never actually tried out that method...yet!)

 Before I stuck down my photograph and flowers I mounted the photograph onto the pink tulle. I adhered the black and white stripe ribbon across the centre of the page and I think with the black and white photograph and the bright coloured flowers, it gives the look real impact.

Using the Pebbles Jen Hadfield thickers, which I bought from the extra's store, I placed the word grateful down over the flowers at the bottom of the photograph.


I finished off this layout by adding a label and flag from The Tourist Die Cuts pack from the main kit and one of the Pretty Little Studio Hello Word navy stickers on that reads "enjoy the little things."


Such a simple, yet really pretty layout. It was the colouring and the cutting that was the most time consuming part of the layout, but that's only because I'm quite particular with my colouring.

I hope you like this layout and I've inspired you to have a go at fussy cutting those flowers...also don't be afraid to paint, colour or even paper-piece the flowers. You'll love the result, I'm sure!

Until my next post...Happy Scrapping everyone! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment