Happy Moment | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | July/August 2017

I loved how the quirky made elements of this kit matched perfectly with the colours from Maggie Holmes Carousel. I couldn't wait to incorporate something from both into this layout. 


My first job was to fussy cut the words from the Maggie Holmes Carousel "Happy Go Lucky" paper from the Lite Kit. I used this for my title "Happy Moment" and also cut some more for embellishments.




I then layered vertically some of the ephemera pieces from the main kit and added in a few of the fussy cut words to create some interest to the right hand side of the page. I also used some of the stickers from the 12x12 Kaisercraft Happy Snaps sticker sheet from the Lite Kit to fill in some of the areas where the ephemera overlap.

I love love love the "Fairgrounds" paper from Maggie Holmes which featured in the main kit. But it was far too busy so again I decided to fussy cut 2 elements from the paper. This is such a great way to make your paper and kit go so much further. Its a labour of love but so worth the effort with the end result. I fussy cut one of the ferris wheels (how sweet is that as an ephemera piece!) and also one of the carousels. These were added to my embellishment cluster down the left of the page. I then finished this off by adding some of those fussy cut words whilst popping some up on the foam pads from the kit to create some dimension and interest.

And using that woodgrain background really sets it off nicely. This layout was simple (took a while due to do the fussy cutting) but demonstrates how to use those busy papers and really stretch your kit.

I hope this brings you inspiration and feel free to give it a go!!! I would love to see your interpretations of my page.

See you all really soon!!

Claire xx

No comments:

Post a Comment