Snapshot of Summer - Natalie

Hey everyone,

I'm back with a second layout made using the lovely July/ August kit. 
This time I decided to focus on the Customs Card Kit, and how you can use it to create 12x12 layouts as well as Project Life style layouts. 


I started by backing my white cardstock with this black and white striped paper (Crate Paper Carousel Rose Park - Main Kit). I gutted the middle of the paper so I have the rest to use on another layout. 

I then used my Blush Heidi Swapp Colour Shine to add some pink splatters in the top left and bottom right corners. 


This whole layout was based off this pink floral patterned card. I loved the pattern and so went searching for some photos to match. I found these photos of my family and I eating flower shaped ice creams in Italy this summer, which went perfectly. This floral card was originally 4x6 but I cut it in half to 3x4. 


I used 3 of the custom cards and 3 3x4 photos to make a grid. Grids are such an easy way to use the custom cards on layouts. As well as the floral print I chose a card which has a pink gingham pattern, and then the "snapshot" card, which I planned to use as part of my title.
As usual all the colours in the cards co-ordinate perfectly so it was so simple to put the grid together.


To go with "snapshot" I added the acrylic "summer" piece (Bramble Fox, Extras Shop), which is the perfect colour pink to match! I was going to use the Freckled Fawn white alpha from the Main Kit to add the word "of", to make the title "Snapshot of Summer", however I felt the letters were too cursive,  so it was quite difficult to see what it was saying with just two letters from that font. 

I added an adhesive chipboard heart and two chipboard tiny word stickers, which I absolutely love and are summer themed! (Freckled Fawn, Extras Shop). 

The floral print is on several of the custom cards, so I used some of the other cards to fussy cut out the flowers. This was quite difficult as the cards are made of a lovely thick cardstock, so it took some time. But I think it was definitely worth it in the end! So I added 3 of the fussy cut flowers beneath the tiny word stickers.


To the gingham card, I added a polka dot heart (again fussy cut from one of the custom cards), and some more of the flowers. And I used the white space to add some journalling.





And so here is the final layout, I hope you like it, and it inspires you to use the custom cards!

See you soon with another layout.

Natalie x


No comments:

Post a Comment