Travel Album - Day 2 (A walk to the next stop)

Hello everyone,

I hope all of you have been as productive and inspired like me. I have been really enjoying working on the travel album. Not while ago I had few days off, so I took the full advantage on catching on documenting our trip to Rome, the smaller size of the layouts have further motivated me because I don't feel overwhelmed. But if it's too much of these types of layouts for you then let me know, and I can change it up because there are three additional projects on my catch-up list. You know the usual scrapbooker adventures - so many things planned but not enough time as there are other things to deal with, especially if we require to take care of everyday responsibilities - work, family, etc.

The product I used from June/August kit:
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel 'Belle' 12"x12" doublesided patterned paper
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel 'Marquee' 12"x12" doublesided patterned paper
  • Kaisercraft Happy Snaps Sticker sheet
  • Sweet Talk co-ordinating labels
  • Pretty Little Studio Dream Big Die Cuts pack
  • We R Memory Keepers Cool Colors enamel shapes pack
  • To The Moon including die cut shapes
  • Wonder kit pocket cards
  • Previous kit leftovers - journaling cards, die cuts and patterned paper and stickers
  • From my stash - Simple Stories Posh Stickers, die-cuts, alphabet and heart dies and stamps

  • Now the first thing I did to create this page is select my pattern paper, and my inspiration has come from the die cut on the right side top card that says Best Day Ever, I pulled from that card four colours - teal, yellow, pink and black and white. I actually love to work with all of these colours, although it's just missing navy and then it's for sure my favourite lineup. But let's get back to the page, once I selected patterned paper, I cut all of them to the size I need and then brought some die-cuts and stickers from previous kits. Also, this time I wanted to use both my stamps and alphabet dies because I had quite a bit scraps left from last month kit and I wanted to use up.


    Similarly to the first picture I used 4x6 patterned papers and the card that has the title was my basis for selecting the other papers for this page. I forgot to explain one thing, all of my 4x6 pictures have to be overlaid with paper because they are not true 4x6 size, which annoys me greatly. This mishap happened because of the printing place I used - my local Boots closed and I had to order online, and the Boots online photo printing is run by Snapfish. And Snapfish always has been doing this, so I don't order from them. Today I guess I have short attention but when it comes to this page, I added few die-cuts and from my stash Simple Stories Posh stickers.


    The next page was even quicker to make, as it was more photo heavier. I backed my 4x6 photos and added one 3x4 card from the previous kits. I was saving this card as I loved it so much, but it went so well with these pictures that I had to use it. Once the basics were done, I started to embellish, and my usual style is to start with the labels and then die-cuts or stickers to finish the page.


    Continuing with the other layout style, the main card of this page is the left side 3x4 card that says Snapshot. One of the things I have noticed is that everyone had the same idea of using Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel 'Belle' paper and I was no exception. I love that even though everyone had the exact idea, but the various ways it can be used and still looked different. And final touches that bring the layout together are embellishments - die-cuts and stickers.



    I hope you enjoyed this post and talk to you soon, Agnese.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment