She's a Wildflower!

Hello everyone! New month, new kit and under 10 weeks until Christmas can you believe?
But less talk about the C word for now lol, here is my first layout using the September/October kit, what I used and how I created it, Enjoy x

From the Main Kit:
  • Dear Lizzy Stargazer Blissful 12x12 paper
  • Yellow and Blue 12x12 cardstock
  • Pink Paislee Turn the Page #15 12x12 paper
  • Pink Paislee Turn the Page #1 12x12 paper
  • Dear Lizzy Stargazer sticker sheet
  • Pink Paislee Turn the Page wood veneer
From my own stash:
  • A piece of orange patterned paper from my scraps bin
Here's my layout, and how I created it


  First off I started by cutting a 5 inch strip of the Blissful 12x12 paper from the Stargazer collection, and then cut a half inch strip of it, along with a half inch strip of the yellow and blue cardstocks that came with the main kit. I also cut a two inch piece of the blue cardstock for the left hand side of my layout to balance it all.

  I chose the placement of my photograph and backed it onto a piece of orange patterned paper from my scraps bin, along with a thin strip of the same paper so the blue block on the left didn't look too heavy.

  I then decided where I wanted my title and journalling to go before starting my embellishing.
  A couple of weeks ago I went on a scrapbook crop weekend to a hotel with fellow design team member, and now friend, Natalie Weller, and I observed her process when she creates layouts, as I find myself doing the same thing a lot of the time without even realising so it was good to learn some tips and tricks from her...Thanks Nat :D

  Natalie's embellishment clusters work in a triangular format and so your eyes follow that and (I found) the eyes are drawn to the focal image, which is your photograph and then the journalling to see what the photograph is about.

  So starting with my first embellishment cluster on the top left hand of the page. I fussy cut the banner from the Turn the Page cut-apart sheet, and the flowers from the Pink Paislee #1 paper. I layered the banner on the rest of the orange scrap paper and mounted it with some foam tape for dimension. I used two pieces of the Turn the Page wood veneer pack, and a star sticker from the Stargazer sticker sheet.


  The second embellishment cluster is on the top right hand side of my photograph, and I wanted to carry the same theme throughout so it flowed better, and I love the results.


  So again I used some of the fussy cut flowers, two wood veneer pieces and a start from the sticker sheet. I sometime struggle to use wood veneer on my pages, but this pack from the Turn the Page collection just works so well with my theme and there was some lovely small pieces which are always good... happy Zoe!

 The final cluster on the bottom left (thus completing the triangle) has my title She's a Wild Flower sticker, the sentiment banner and star all from the stargazer sticker sheet. as well as a wood veneer arrow pointing up to my journalling, which, for my 2017 album is all going to be done on the computer. It's a new system I'm trying out to see if I like it...


  BUT that aside TADA!! Layout complete. I will now be taking longer to think about how I approach my layouts and where I want to lead the eyes. I loved this format!
  Stayed tuned as I have two more layouts winging they're way onto the blog over the weekend.
  If you've tried out any new techniques lately, please feel free to share them on the facebook group, I would love to see them and I'm sure everyone else would too.
  For now, Happy Scrapping everyone!!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment