Leaf Your Troubles Behind

Hello everyone!

I am back with my second layout using the September/October kit. This one features a huge hand sewn leaf, that took me quite a while let's say, to stitch..but more about that later. Here is what I used and how I created my layout:

What I Used:

  • Dear Lizzy Star Gazer Blissful 12x12 patterned paper
  • Pink Paislee Turn the Page no.16 12x12 patterned paper (both sides)
  • Pink Paislee Turn the Page no.15 12x12 patterned paper
  • Dear Lizzy Star Gazer sticker sheet
  • Pink Fresh Studio Escape the Ordinary Golden Foiled Wood Alphas
  • American Crafts Ella gold foam Thickers
How I created the layout:
I started this layout by browsing google for a nice big leaf shape that I could punch holes through using my Sizzix secret stamping weapon, which is this thing below:
It can be bought HERE

 I received this from my cousin last year for Christmas, and have been trying to use it as much as possible, as I really like the results it produces.

If you would like to use the same leaf image as me I will link that HERE and all you need to do is print it off and poke holes in it with any sharp pokey tool.


 I then settled down in front of the TV put my favourite Netflix fix on at the moment (Reign) and sewed away to my hearts content.

Once I had finished it I matted my 4x6 photograph on some of the Pink Paislee Turn the Page no.16 patterned paper (B-side), and then matted that onto the Dear Lizzy Blissful paper.
I placed it on the bottom right hand side as I was trying to avoid covering my beautiful leaf up as much as possible.


I then used some of the flowers I had fussy cut from the Turn the Page no.15 patterned paper as well as a fussy cut swallow from the Turn the Page no.16 patterned paper, these were added to the bottom left of the photograph. Sticking to the triangle embellishment theme, I added some of the stickers to the bottom right hand of the photograph too.

My title was created using a mix of both the Pinkfresh Studio Escape the Ordinary Gold Foiled Alphas (Which I adore!) and the American Crafts Ella gold foam Thickers.

The last little bit of embellishing I did was scattered some of the wood-grain sequins in various random places and glued them down to complete the layout! Here is it below...

I had so much fun creating this layout, and when my friend, Emma, took this photograph of me throwing the autumn leaves in the air I knew I had to come up with a title to reflect that, and so I did a little play on words too hehe...
I hope you like my layout and that I've inspired you to pull out your needle and threads and get stitching..The limits really are endless!

Until my next layout..Happy Scrapping! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment