Natalie - What a wonderful world

Hello everyone!
Sorry that I have been missing for so long, I can't believe it's nearly time for the next Quirky Kit!! I've been really busy away from home for 6 weeks on a hospital placement, but this weekend I finally had the chance to use the beautiful kit!


This is my first layout entitled "What a wonderful world", and it uses mainly the Paige Evans "Turn The Page" supplies from the kits. The layout was inspired by a sketch challenge run by Leo on the Quirky Kits Facebook page.


I started with the gorgeous floral pattern (Paper #02, Lite Kit), I really wanted to showcase this paper but it's just too busy for a whole background so I cut a 4 inch strip and attached it to the green floral paper (Paper #16, Main Kit). I love this green paper because although it has a pattern it's muted enough to work well as a background.
Finally I added a strip of pink paper (Paper #01, Lite Kit), which I punched a notebook style edge onto, using a border punch from my stash.  


My photo is a picture of my family at my graduation, alongside Charles Darwin!! I printed my photo with a white border, and used foam tape to raise the photo from the busy background. I added a rose gold tab with the date on (Paige Evans Turn the Page Journalling Spots, Embellishment Kit). 

For my title I cut out the "Wonderful" squares (#Paper 01, Lite Kit). These also have a lovely rose gold effect, which matches the date tab perfectly. And to complete my title I used the Freckled Fawn white alpha from a previous Quirky Kit, which is my absolute favourite to use at the moment! It's the perfect size for making longer titles. 


As the papers are so busy I kept the embellishing very minimal. I fussy cut out a bird (Paper #16, Main Kit). I love these birds I've used them on quite a few layouts already, and if the colours don't work for your layout, you can always cut the wings off one bird and add them to another! 


I then added some journalling strips and finally a few puffy flower stickers from my stash, there are similar flowers on the Dear Lizzy Stargazer puffy stickers which were in the extras shop.


I hope you like my layout! 
I'm quite impressed that I managed to use a total of 5 papers on this layout, including the background, the fussy cut title and the bird!
See you soon with another one. 

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment