She's A Wildflower | Travellers Notebook | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | September/October 2017

Hello friends,

So, I've really jumped on the travellers notebook bandwagon (i've dabbled before) and I love the smaller format to document those photos that are just not 12x12 worthy, or indeed those duplicates we've all got lying around and can't quite bear to part with.

So here it is.... I've used the September/October 2017 kit for this one and kept to using just a few scraps left over from the kit and added a few stickers.....That's it. Lets see below how this one came together.....

 So I started on the left hand side of the page and used some of the scraps of papers I had left from the kit. I just layered these papers to create some layers behind my photo. I then fussy cut out the circular floral piece to create my own ephemera and tucked this just underneath the photo. I then fussy cut the "You are Magical" from the Dear Lizzy "Find Joy" paper and finally added a sticker from the Dear Lizzy sticker sheet and this was the left hand side finished. Quick, easy but effective.




Then onto the right hand side. I grabbed my leftovers pot and rummaged through and found these kits from the last kit. They were the last 2 I had left and knew that it would work on this layout with using the cut apart from the Paige Evans, Paper number 1 from the Turn the Page collection. I layered in some clouds that I had lying around from a pervious project and a little banner piece which again was from my left overs from previous kits.

I just love how you can use up so many odds and ends on a travellers notebook....and how quick and easy it is to for these layouts to come together.



And this is the finished layout. I chose not to add journalling to this one as there isn't much of a story to tell and so fantastic to be able to get this photo scrapped without having to worry about taking hours to scrap it in a 12x12 layout (because lets face it ladies, every photo seems worthy of a 12x12 but there just isn't room to store 100+ albums!!)

I hope that this has bought you inspiration and if you haven't tried a travellers notebook then please give it a go. You do not need to invest anything for a travellers notebook and quite easily make your own with some white cardstock and a sheet of double sided paper.

See you next time




Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment