Wonderful | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | September/October 2017

I'm back with some more inspiration for you using the September/October 2017 kit.

I used mainly the papers from Stargazer in this layout but took inspiration from Paper 1 from Paige Evans Turn the Page collection.


On the cut apart sheet there was a card that had a grid with "wonderful" spelled out (a different letter in each box).

I recreated this on a bigger scale by cutting 9 3x3 inch squares of patterned paper.

I then cut 9 2.5x2.5 inch of white cardstock and cut each of the letters from this. I layed them all down in a grid format just like the cut apart element from the paper. I then decided to draw some faux stitching around each letter as the white yardstick was getting a little lost on a few of the cards as it was white on white. This helped the letters to stand out from the background paper.




I then added some fussy cut elements in 3 clusters around the layout. I fussy cut the sentiment frames along with the flowers from the Paige Evans floral paper (I love to fussy cut elements from paper as this helps to get the most from it).

I layered the flowers up in clusters and added in a few of the stickers from the Stargazer sticker sheet.

Each cluster was finished off with a wood veneer from the Turn the Paige collection.







I then did a small amount of embellishing to the right of the photo to help it stand out.

I used a photograph of myself from when I was 10 (ish) years old and backed it with white card and then vellum. I used some foam adhesive behind to help it stand out from the background.

Adding the flowers and the sticker at the bottom helped to create some interest around the photo.








And here is the finished layout. I love how this turned out. I did add a couple of other elements to fill in the negative spaces on the O,D and R which I think just adds to the design.


Thanks for looking and I'll see you all shortly for more inspiration using this kit.

Claire x



No comments:

Post a Comment