Happy New Year - Natalie


Hello everyone,
I'm back today with a Project Life style layout that co-ordinates with my last layout.
Which you can see here Love Out Loud Layout.
And so I used a lot of the same products, focusing on the Simple Stories 2018 collection.
I love to make an accompanying PL style layout, when I have a few extra photos I want to include to tell the story, but they don't warrant an entire layout. 

Products used:

Main Kit:
- Simple Stories 2018 Journal Card Elements Paper
- Simple Stories 2018 Cheers Paper
- American Crafts Sweater Weather Cozy Paper

Embellishment Kit:
- Crate Paper Good Vibes Puffy Phrases
- Freckled Fawn Black Puffy Heart Stickers

Own Stash:
- Gold sequins
- Simple Stories 2018 6x12 sticker sheet



I used a Becky Higgins Design A style page protector, so I printed off two 4x6 photos, a 3x4 photo and 2 small photos printed using my HP sprocket. (Photos show cards not in the page protector).

I used cut aparts from the cut-apart sheet, as well as two of the Simple Stories patterned papers to back all my pockets. 

For the top left pocket I printed off journalling in strips, and added the "Happy New Year" sticker from my stash, although there is a similar title that you could fussy cut from the cut apart sheet in the kit.To echo my 12x12 layout I added puffy star stickers and gold sequins.


For these two pockets I have a cut-apart embellished with a puffy heart sticker and more sequins, and a photo that is not embellished.



For these two pockets I have a mini 2x2 photo along with more fussy cut journalling boxes, as used on my 12x12 layout - helping to co-ordinate the two layouts.


And the final 3x4 card is again a cut-apart embellished with a puffy star and sequins.
In the bottom left pocket I have a photo which I added two more journalling spots to. 



And finally in the last pocket I have a small 2x3 photo printed using my Sprocket. The patterned paper was cut to emphasize certain words such as "Ball Drop" as we were watching the New York NYE Ball Drop. I added a few stickers from my stash, and more hearts and sequins!


This is quite a dark layout due to the fact the photos were taken at midnight, however I feel the two cream 3x4 cut-aparts really help to lighten the page.
This layout is a really super simple one, and took me less than an hour, and allowed me to document multiple photos, and finish off the story!
I hope it inspires you to create a PL inspired layout with your kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment