(Freaky) Bavarian Man | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | November/December 2017 (Catch Up)

Who doesn't love a bit of woodgrain paper!!?!!

It is my favourite background paper to use (if i'm not using white cardstock of course?!)

I have this photograph of the huge Bavarian Man inflatable at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and thought it would work well with this wood grain paper.

So I created a "shelf" for my photo and embellishments to sit on. I used the floral/bird paper from the Good Vibes collection and set about fussy cutting a few of these elements ready to use as embellishments around my photo.

I tucked some of these into the black and white paper that ran across the bottom of the layout.

I even added some enamel dots into the centre of the flowers to add dimension.

I love how these birds and flowers surround the bottom of my photo. And birds were apt as the bavarian man was holding some sort of bird on its hand. (This huge inflatable freaked me out as it was huge - I still get weirder out thinking about it now - Have you ever been to Winter Wonderland and know what inflatable I'm on about? Were you freaked out too?)



I then added another cluster to the right hand side of the black and white strip of paper and added a little tag sticker from the Good Vibes sticker sheet. To this I threaded some pink twine (from my stash).

That bird you can see, was fussy cut out of one of the custom cards and it it works so well in that little cluster. Again a couple of enamel dots were added for dimension.

Oh year - and those little plus signs were on the Pink Fresh alpha sheets too and worked perfectly in the clusters.



I finished this layout by using the PinkFresh alphas and simply titled it Bavarian Man - now I look back at it I think I might go back and add a sub title  - maybe add in Hyde Park or Winter Wonderland - It will save from adding in journalling to state where we were.

Thanks for visiting the blog and I can't wait to come back to share some more inspiration with you.




Claire xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment