LOL!

Hey everyone, as you may or may not have seen..I shared the second layout i'd be uploading to here on Instagram yesterday. I was hoping to get this post up last night, but as usual, life got in the way! But I am here now, kind of...My partners bearded dragon almost set fire to our flat!!! I won't go into detail so to cut a long story short...She'd knocked her basking log onto her bulb and it was burning filling her tank with smoke. I got her out straight away and you'll be pleased to hear she is safe and well...I'm just waiting for my breath to return!

But anyways, the layout!
Here is what I used and how I created my page - I hope you like it.

From the Main kit
  • PFS Let your heart decide - Caper Paper (B side)
  • 1 Sheet Black Cardstock
  • Pink Paislee Pick me Up - Paper #13
From the Lite kit
  • Kaisercraft sticker sheet
  • Vicki Boutin All the Good Things - Social Butterfly paper
How I made the layout...

I started this page off by trimming a quarter inch off both the bottom and one of the sides, and adhered it to the black cardstock to give it a border. I felt it needed something heavy as it was a busy patterned paper.
After I had done that I got the blue doily like border strip from the Kaisercraft sticker sheet that came in the main kit and lay it across the page knowing I wanted to adhere my photograph on top of it. Before I stuck the picture down I mounted it onto some of the packaging from the Joy Parade alpha that came in the main kit, because I liked the washi tape style packaging and thought it went nicely with my background paper and also allowed me to bring some yellow into this page.


I fussy cut 3 of the butterflies from the Social Butterfly paper, that came in the lite kit. 1 blue 1 yellow and 1 pink/red colour. These formed my triangle of embellishments. From the Kaisercraft sticker sheet also in the main kit I used the washi style border strip and cut it in half and laid that above and below my photo and also added the laugh out loud tab, which was perfect for this photo of my partner and I goofing around on Snapchat.
I then cut the happy flag from the Pink Paislee pick me up paper #13 and mounted it on double sided foam tape to give it some dimension and popped the yellow butterfly with it to finish off that small cluster.






































I wanted to make the layout more bottom heavy so I grabbed the long "fall in love with as many things as possible!" sticker also from the same sticker sheet and lay that above my photo. This gave the grounding effect I was looking for.
My last cluster in the top right hand corner consisted of a circular sticker, another one of the sentiments from the pick me up paper, also mounted on foam, and the last of the 3 butterflies, and that completed my layout!






































Here is the completed project! I hope you like it. For myself and my partner, there are no better times than when we are having fun and just making pure idiots out of ourselves. Lifes far too short to be serious all the time. Have fun letting your inner child out :D






































Until my next post...Happy Scrapping xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment