My Happy Story - Natalie - Mar/Apr Kit

Hello everyone I'm back with a super simple layout made with the Mar/ Apr Kit!

Supplies used:

Main Kit:
PFS Be You Mini Leatherette Flags and Fabric Tags

Lite Kit:
PFS Be You "Kind" 12x12 paper

Embellishment Kit:
PFS Be You Wood Epoxy Buttons


As you have probably noticed I love using busy papers for my backgrounds so when I saw this paper I knew I had to use it as my background.

I used 5 photos which are roughly 1.6x1.6 inches, and one photo which is roughly 4x4 inches. I used the Silhouette Design Studio to print out my photos (this is free to download and use even if you don't have a Silhouette).

This layout works perfectly for photos which aren't the best quality - the smaller photos were all taken on my iphone and the quality was terrible, but when I printed them out in black and white and at a smaller size they look great.

Using lots of small photos allowed me to cover my least favourite squares - such as the ones with teacups as I don't like tea! 


For my title I used two of the PFS fabric tags to spell out "My Happy Story". Placing the "happy" one slightly higher to make the title read correctly.

I used the mini leatherette flags and wood epoxy buttons to decorate the squares, mainly keeping similar colours together. 

When gluing down the flags and tags I used simple PVA glue and only glued on the top half, to allow them to have some movement and dimension.





So that is my layout - super quick and easy, but I think so effective! This photo shows just how much dimension the lovely wood buttons add! 

I don't make any layouts without the date on them but I can't find the right place to add the date on the front, so I will probably stamp it on the reverse.

I also always add journalling, but I know I'll be scrapping more photos from this event so I'll journal on those pages instead. Sometimes it's fun to just create a pretty page and not worry about the story telling!


I hope you like my layout!

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment